Prevention and education are two of the most important aspects of a successful dental plan. As a part of Cochise Caring Dentistry’s advanced dental hygiene services, Sierra Vista dentist Dr. Edwards evaluates your oral health and determines your level of risk for diseases like tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. A personally tailored, prevention-based dental plan is then created for you. At Cochise Caring Dentistry, our dental plans include regular exams and professional cleanings performed by our skilled hygienist every six months, as well as personalized instructions on how to implement the best at-home dental hygiene practices to preserve the beauty of your natural smile.
Dental Hygiene Services
Sometimes additional treatments are required to maintain optimum oral health. At Cochise Caring Dentistry, our array of hygiene services includes:
- Fluoride treatment:Professional-strength fluoride is applied to the surfaces of teeth, making them stronger and protecting them against tooth decay.
- Periodontal treatment: This treatment prevents the progression of periodontal disease and returns teeth and gums to a healthy state.
- Professional Teeth Cleanings: Having your teeth cleaned regularly helps prevent gingivitis, tooth decay, and loss of enamel from teeth.
- Tooth Decay Prevention: Successful preventive care requires good oral hygiene practices at home and routine visits to the dentist.
Regardless of your needs, you can be assured that all of our hygiene services are performed by highly trained and experienced dental hygienists who are dedicated to supporting and preserving your continued oral health.
Services your hygienist will perform during your cleaning include:
- A review of your dental and medical history
- An oral cancer screening
- An evaluation of your overall oral health
- X-rays to detect decay
- Removal of stains, plaque, and tartar
- A fluoride application
- Polishing of all teeth
- At-home oral health education and instruction