At Cochise Caring Dentistry, we are always looking for passionate and motivated individuals to join our team.
Are you a qualified, high potential employee that desires growth, comradery and ability to work in a family team environment?
Our team is friendly, welcoming, compassionate, and down to earth. You will enjoy an extraordinary, unique and fun company culture, which values patient care, and an indispensable support team that allows you to be successful.
Send us your resume and apply today. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The Dental Hygienist position provides dental hygiene care that not only provides proficiency in the technical aspects of dental care but also provides a thoughtful approach to educating patients about the importance of a healthy smile.
This position puts patients at ease while practicing and performing excellent hygiene techniques including assessing oral health conditions, applying sealants and fluoride, utilizing appropriate cleaning techniques, creating accurate impressions, taking and developing dental X-rays and providing exceptional patient education.
The Dental Hygienist also actively strives to ensure patient’s schedule appropriate follow up appointments.
- Screen and assess oral health conditions
- Review the health history
- Record dental charting, including probings for periodontal condition
- Take and develop dental radio graphs x-rays
- Remove calculus and plaque hard and soft deposits from all surfaces of the teeth
- Apply sealants and fluorides
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs
- Place and remove periodontal dressings
- Prescribe, administer and dispense fluoride, fluoride varnish, antimicrobial solutions or resorbable antimicrobial agents
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling
- Entering treatment plans into the computer
- Presenting treatment to patients
- Order Patient Education Materials
- Keep a calendar of all doctor and office activities
- Schedule patient’s next cleaning
- Other duties as required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from approved Dental Hygiene program
- Registered Dental Hygienist license
- One year of Registered Dental Hygienist experience
- Regular and timely attendance
- Ability to demonstrate independent thinking and exercise good judgment
- Ability to formulate, affect, interpret, and/or implement operating practices
- Ability to demonstrate a teamwork approach to job responsibilities
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability and promptness
- Must have a high level of proficiency and accuracy in all duties
- Must be detail oriented
- Must present a professional, business-like manner and appearance
- Speak, read, write legibly, and comprehend English
- Accurately create written reports and correspondence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and treatment plans
- Ability to exercise good judgment and tact in dealing with employees and patients
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Continuous interaction with others
- Continuous deadlines to meet
- Continuous flexibility to establish workflow priorities
- Frequent repetitive work
- Continuous attention to detail
- Must have good mental health and emotional maturity
- Must have the ability to be flexible and accept different work assignments with a positive approach
- Follow instructions and takes responsibility for own actions
- Keeps commitments
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships
- Ability to exercise confidentiality with patients and patient care
- Ability to multitask
- Listens attentively for clarification and responds promptly and effectively to ensure necessary outcomes
- Sitting 50%
- Standing/walking 50%
- Moderate noise levels from dental and other Lab equipment
- Medical, office, and lab setting
- Exceptional hand dexterity and typing skills to work with standard software programs provided
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for computer software programs
The role is essential in securing treatment plans and coordination of financial resources and/or insurance requirements and billing practices. Additionally, this role assists in production goals and participates in greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering phones, and other office responsibilities as required.
The Treatment Coordinator exhibits an efficient, knowledgeable and positive countenance to every patient experience.
- Explain the treatment plan, address patient concerns and answer any questions.
- Assist the patient in prioritizing the treatment and establish a plan for scheduling and payment.
- Build trust, and understand the patient’s objectives.
- Conduct financial consultations with all new patients and with existing patients when new treatment plans are presented.
- Manage and maintain the payment options and policies for patients to uphold the practice’s financial integrity.
- Understand the practice’s policy on working with dental benefit plans and be prepared to educate patients on their dental benefits.
- Bill dental insurance, post payments, and claim estimations as required.
- Oversee and track dental benefit plan accounts receivable and follow-up on claims regularly to ensure timely payment.
- Communicate with all outside and third-party financing companies offered to patients and educate patients on the available outside financing options.
- Track patient accounts receivable and outstanding balances to ensure timely payment.
- Assist in Practice’s collections protocol for all outstanding balances.
- Responsible for billing dental insurance, posting payments, and claim estimations.
- Balance income and charges daily and prepare deposits.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable to include, sending of billing statements, aging reports, and collections.
- Greet and check patients in and out before and after treatment.
- Answer incoming calls to include, new patient calls, emergencies, scheduling patient appointments, requesting records, and follow up.
- Understand patient needs through their words, tone, and body language.
- Perform general office duties and other duties as required.
- Previous insurance and financial experience.
- Computer proficiency, typing skills, and the ability to learn new programs and software.
- Customer Service experience.
- Regular and timely attendance
- Ability to demonstrate independent thinking and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability and promptness.
- Must have a high level of proficiency and accuracy in all duties.
- Must present a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and insurance plans.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and tact in dealing with employees and Patients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have good mental health and emotional maturity.
- Follow instructions and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to multitask.
- Listens attentively for clarification and responds promptly and effectively to ensure necessary outcomes.
- Continuous flexibility to establish workflow priorities.